Do you ever get stuck on trying to decide the perfect gift? This year why not consider something truly unique and memorable.
Art is a wonderful way to celebrate your friends, family, peers, and colleagues. The effects a wonderful piece of art can have on a person are powerful because there are clear emotions, ideas, and concepts behind its creation.
During your next holiday shop consider these 5 reasons for giving the gift of art:
- Thoughtfulness. Every person in the world is unique, just as is every piece of art. An artist pours their heart and soul into their work through a thoughtful process of making. When purchasing a piece of art it demonstrates that you have really thought about the person you are buying for, taking the time to consider their feelings, personality, and style.
2. Creativity and Inspiration. Art is inspiring - it can change your mood, invigorate your day, inspire you to be creative or make a difference in the world. What more memorable gift could you give than the gift of creativity and inspiration?
3. Supporting Your Local Economy. The Arts are an essential part of your local economy. Your impact is doubled when buying a piece of art because you are also supporting artists and their ability to make a difference in the world.
4. Meaningful Support of the Arts. Artists make a difference in our lives. They create the beauty that surrounds us. When you purchase a piece of artwork you are supporting an artist in their ability to practice their craft. Even more, you are recognizing that what artists contribute to the world is truly valuable.
5. Environmentally Friendly. Art is not mass produced and has less of an environmental impact compared to mass produced consumer products. It isn’t made on an assembly line and doesn’t need to travel long distances to meet its consumer.
Despite what you might think, Art can also be affordable. Many artists create limited edition prints of their work or art cards. Most prints range from $50-$1000 and can make a real impact in someone’s home or office.
Consider sharing something really special for the holiday’s this year and make an impact in the lives of those you love.